Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Skin cancer appointment

So I got there and went in the room and saw the needle with the numbing stuff, and the scalpel, and the alcohol swabs, and the gloves, etc. I started getting a little nervous. The doc walks in a says, "I changed my mind. Cutting this out is going to leave a big scar and there's a new cream treatment out that's not FDA approved for skin cancer, but it has a 90+% success rate with superficial basal cell and it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work after a month, we'll cut it out." Woo-hoo!! My dad was with me, which wasn't completely necessary, but it was nice to have him drive me, since I still have discomfort sitting up because of the catheter, and I rarely see him outside of church, so I got to spend some time with him. Anyway, this cream IS approved for genital warts, so I know it's safe for human use. He even gave me a couple samples, so hopefully I won't have to buy any. I'm not sure if my insurance would cover it and it's a couple hundred bucks for one treatment. I'm so glad my doc isn't knife happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home