Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Monday, January 09, 2006

One more week!

AF finally showed up. She's been teasing me. My temp dropped pretty low 3 days ago (Friday), so I assumed she'd show Saturday. I went ahead and called the clinic and confirmed my surgery. They sent out my consent forms and my instructions (interesting story about that later). Then the next day, my temp went back up. Sunday, temp went back down. Well, she showed first thing this morning. TMI warning: Just like always-no notice, just showed up with full, heavy flow and cramps from hell. Hopefully, the surgery will fix that somehow.

Speaking of the surgery, I couldn't sleep last night. Everytime I closed my eyes, I started having these thoughts. I've heard stories of people being put to sleep only the anethesia doesn't knock them all the way out. It only paralyzes them and they can feel everything but can't open their eyes or move or speak. I know it's rare, but it happens! I'm paranoid something will go wrong and they'll have to open my up all the way and I'll spend a week in the hospital and won't be able to go back to work. Not that I love my job THAT much, but I can't afford to get that far behind in my work. And they don't have enough people there to do my job while I'm gone. I'm planning on working from home no more than 2 days after surgery. I'm most scared of losing my uterus. I had this terrible image of waking up in recovery and the nurse saying, "Oh, you're so young to be having a hysterectomy." So, needless to say, I had a hard time getting to sleep last night.

For now, I have to try to quit worrying about all that and focus on the positive. This surgery will make things better and provide a better environment for our baby. And until the surgery, I have Chris' birthday to think about. Which is the interesting story I mentioned above. I can't say much in case he's reading these updates (which I don't think he is), but just in case. I was planning on taking him out to lunch for his birthday Sunday. I got my pre-op instructions and found out I'm on a liquid diet the entire day before surgery, which is his birthday! So, I guess I won't be eating with him, but I'm still taking him out! Keep in mind, I've never had surgery, so I did NOT know this was coming! I thought I just had to stop eating at midnight the day of surgery. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home