Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Friday, December 30, 2005

Only 17 days left...

I'm getting a little nervous about the surgery. I think what scares me most is something going wrong and losing my uterus. I know the chances are slim, but I don't think I could handle knowing I would NEVER be able to carry a child. Some day, I may have to come to that decision, but to be forced into it so abruptly is a different story.

Christmas was great. I made it through without much sadness. There was one moment, when my two siblings gave my mom a concrete stepping stone imprinted with the feet of their children, and I cried a little. It was a mixture of happy tears because it was a sweet moment, and sad tears, because I wish that stone had the footprints of my first child as well. Maybe next Christmas. Well, probably not, but maybe the one after that.

I'm getting back into a great workout routine, trying to get as much weight off as possible before I get pg, eating healthy, and paying off more debt every day. Life is going well.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Heather P. said…

    Try not to worry about the surgery. It will go beautifully! I had lap done in feb 04. I truely believe that if I hadn't had it done that I wouldn't be pregnant today.

    I pray that the new year finds you with a big fat positive and that you are able to give your mother that stone x-mas after next!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home