Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Monday, December 12, 2005

Surgery is scheduled...

Since we decided to wait until March to try another DIUI cycle, I called my RE to see if we could go ahead with surgery. He said it sounded like a great idea, so I'm scheduled on Jan. 16th for a laparoscopy to check for/clean out endo with a hysteroscopy to do a uterine resection to remove the septum. So now my down time is going to be used to get my body ready for my baby! Yay! I'm nervous about the surgery, since I've never had surgery, but excited about getting fixed up. I should be healed just in time to try again in March/April.

Financially, we're trying SO hard to get our debts paid off to get ready for a baby. We made a big sacrifice today. We cancelled our home phone (we have cell phones) and our CABLE!! We'll make do with the basic channels. It will be worth it when we can afford to spoil our little one.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

    Good luck with your surgery. If you become pregnant after the surgery you will see all of it as worth it!!

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    It's ok, Jen. I haven't exactly been calling everyone and telling them. Becky was in town for Christmas and we met up for lunch and I caught her up on things and Cassie called me a couple weeks ago and I told her, but I don't want to call people just to talk all about me! I guess it's better than not calling at all, though, huh? Anyway, glad you got caught up on my life! You can keep checking here for updates. I won't have much to say until after my surgery (17 more days!).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home