Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Off topic

I went to my dermatologist yesterday for another suspicious mole. He thinks I may have another melanoma. He biopsied it and I'll know something in a week or so. I also asked him about a scaley spot on my forehead that hasn't healed in about a month. He said it's most likely basal cell carcinoma (again) and biopsied it, too. Not too dangerous, but not very fun coming to work with a bandaid smack dab in the center of my forehead. If it IS bcc, that means an excision, stitches, and a scar (in the middle of my forehead). Fun. I'll post more when I get the results. I'm more concerned about the melanoma, obviously. Hopefully, if that's what it is, we caught it early enough to cut it out without using drugs (chemo, radiation, etc.). That's how it's always happened in the past.

Oh, and Chris got in a little fender bender yesterday. He's a little sore today, but he's ok and the car's fine. It was just not a good day. I'm glad it's over. FIVE more days until surgery. I'm getting very nervous. I'm also excited about this weekend. Chris' birthday plans. I'll tell more after it's over, just in case he's reading...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

    Good Luck with your surgery!!! Sorry to hear about the car wreck but glad everyone is ok!!!

    I hope your tests come back a-ok with the moles. My dh had a really big one on his cheek! let me tell you it was all you looked at when you frist met him. It was like the move Austin powers LOL Anyway he had that removed and had to wear the bandage on his cheek. It wasn't melanoma thank goodness just an eyesore I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home