Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Monday, January 16, 2006

Surgery is over

Everything went just as planned. The septum was the kind that can be removed, so he removed it. I had extensive endo, so that was removed as well. I was in surgery for only an hour. I'm in quite a bit of pain, but I'm awake and alert, surprisingly. I had to have 2 incisions, other than my belly button. I feel like I have to pee all the time. I think it's because of the uterine catheter they left in me. I have to go back next Wednesday to have that taken out. I'm not sure at this point when I'll go back to work. I wasn't planning on going back with the catheter in, but we'll see. I was also hoping to work (from home) beginning tomorrow, but everyone is telling me tomorrow will be the worst day, pain-wise. I guess we'll see about that, too. The doc gave me oxycodone for pain, doxycycline (antibiotic) to prevent infection from the catheter, and premarin to build the uterine lining back up.

So, in case anyone wants to know, here's what happened with Chris' birthday yesterday. I had reserved tables for 20 at Logan's (restaurant) and invited all my family and his family. His nephew, who he's really close to, came into town from GA just for him. He was so surprised and excited. Afterwards, his nephews and their wives came over to play Scene It, a DVD game he got for his birthday. I think he had a really great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home