Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

BFN!! Yay!

Yesterday and today's tests were both negative, so it looks like all the HCG trigger is out of my system. My temps are following previous months' patterns, so no indication of anything there. I'll just keep testing until I know something one way or the other. In the meantime...

I went to my injection training class yesterday. It was pretty cool. I got a Follistim pen and my rx was sent to the special pharmacy. One cartridge of 900iu, which should last one cycle, is $590. They are checking with my insurance to see if it's covered, but I looked it up on the drug list and it's not covered. I called a local pharmacy and the exact same drug is $950! The special pharmacy is the one the clinic recommended. I told them I wouldn't need it for another 5 weeks, if at all. Hopefully not at all!

We also went to the adoption class and I think we're leaning towards Vietnam. The director didn't like the fact that we were thinking about starting the process before completing infertility treatments. She said she didn't want to have to put us on hold if we get preggo. Anyway, that's the latest update. Hopefully none of it will matter because hopefully I'm already pregnant!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Rocky D said…

    Congratulations on your decision to look into adoption. I know it's not easy to "accept" infertility; but there comes a time when you must take the next step. The true meaning of being a mother and father will become clearer to you. Do not give up on your journey!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home