Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's happening quicker this time!

I got a positive ovulation test this morning and my monitor was reading high. Well, I'm going out of town this weekend and didn't want to miss my O, so I decided to go in for a follicle scan. Here's what happened:

I found out something interesting-Clomid can make OPKs positive until it gets out of your system. They expect the line to lighten up then get dark again. However, the u/s shocked me. Last month, I went in on cd12 and nothing was over 10mm. Today is cd10 and I had a 12mm follicle on the left and a 15mm on the right!!!!! I can't believe it. They said that's perfect given my cd and the fact that I took Clomid. They said it's finally working like it should. They also said if I get a surge on my own (positive OPK), I don't need a trigger shot. She wasn't sure why they did one last month. Soooooo....I'm scheduled Monday morning at 8am for my IUI!!!! I can't believe it! I'm SO excited. She also mentioned my lining was too thin to be O'ing right now, but it was right on schedule for cd10.

On the downside, we got Chris' SA results back. We were really hoping maybe the lab made a mistake last time, but it seems things have gotten worse, actually (didn't think that was possible!). His count went from 220k to 20k (normal is 40million, so his is less than .1% of normal). His motility went from 80% dead (immotile) to 100% dead. The count was so low, they didn't feel it necessary to do the morphology, but last time it was 0% normal, so I'm sure it didn't get worse. I'm bummed about it, definitely, but I'm so excited about O'ing early that my emotions are really mixed right now. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Chris is holding up alright, but he's definitely a little down. At least we know we're doing the right thing using donor sperm.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger ColourYourWorld said…

    Hi
    I just stumbled across your blog and just read the whole thing.

    We are in similar situations, I have had 3 unsuccessful Clomid IUI's. My better half has Klinefelters Syndrome XXY so a zero sperm count, we are also using Donor sperm. We are having a break cycle this month but I see my FS next week and want ask him about a having a Lap.

    Good luck this cycle, I hope this is the one for you !

    Do you mind if I link you to my blog ?

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Yes, please do! I'm new to blogging and didn't know you could do that, but I visited your blog and saw the links. That's really cool! It's nice to see so many bloggers in the same situation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home