Chris and Steph's Infertility Journey

Monday, April 03, 2006

Adoption

Chris and I talked a LOT this weekend (we went out of town-10 hours in the car in 2 days) about adoption. I'm still not ready to do it right NOW, but I'm definitely getting more comfortable with it. If this cycle fails, we've decided to go ahead and select an agency and apply. It's only a few hundred dollars to take this step. If the next cycle fails, we may go ahead and get started on the Home Study (a required interview/inspection at our home by a social worker before we can be approved for adoption). It's around a grand, but if I happen to get pregnant in the meantime, I won't be upset at ALL. If we go too far into it, we may end up getting pregnant and getting a referral for adoption at the same time, but we decided that's ok, too. We'd have a ready-made family. As long as I'm not traveling overseas while I'm 8 months pregnant or something! I don't think my doc would allow that!

The very first step is selecting an agency, so we've been researching a few of them online. It's quite overwhelming, but we've found a few we really like. One of them is Children's Hope International. They have an office locally, and they're holding a free information meeting tomorrow night, so we signed up. I hope we get a lot of good information. We've also narrowed down our donor list to about 10 and if this cycle fails, we'll purchase the extended profiles (which include baby pictures of the donors) of the ones on our list. It's a lot of work, but it will all be worth it in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home